Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Custom Planner Insert

Hello, Crafters!
As you all know, the planner craze is ragingly popular right now and it finally reached the islands with Mambi's Happy Planner! I love how easy they are to customize.  
All you need is washi tape, stickers, photos, scrapbook paper, and a bit of creativity and imagination.  This week, I have a project that will add a more personal and fun touch to your planner.

Let's get started!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Here's what you'll need:


We R Memory Fuse Tool Kit
Scissors
Paper Cutter
12x12 Scrapbook Sleeve
Photos and/or Cardstock Scraps 
Sequins (optional)
Standard Hole Punch
Sharpie (Not Pictured)

  

First, lay out your cardstock pieces and photos and figure out how you want them to look once fused together.  The striped paper on the side is where I plan on punching the holes for the planner binding.


Start with the piece of cardstock that would take up the bottom corner of the photo sleeve. 
For my layout, I started with the white and gold striped paper on the far left.  Make sure that the paper is flush against the side of the sleeve so that it stays straight in the planner.  Fuse the top of the piece, then the side using the Fuse ruler.


 I then slipped the bottom photo in and fused it down before fusing its side.  The "lovely day" piece needed sequins so I fused the side first, slipped the sequins in, then fused the top.  I fused the top photo and cardstock piece after that and cut the excess plastic off the sides with the sliding cutter.
I then used one of the pages of my planner to mark where I want to punch the holes with a Sharpie, making sure they were about 1/4th of an inch from the side. 

Then, I cut tiny slits on the side so that the insert would "snap" right onto the Happy Planner's bindings.


And there you have it!  This is great for adding memories of special holidays and events to your binder, or if you just happen to catch the scrapbooking bug.  Highly customizable, cute and simple, it's a great way to add that personal touch to your planner.  

Have fun!
Erika @ PC



3 comments:

  1. Oh, this looks like something I would like to try. I will definitely make a trip to BFC to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does BFC carry the Happy Planner? I don't remember seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jeni! We just got them in recently. I know at Pearl City, we are currently out of stock of the planners and only have most of the accessories available right now. We do receive shipments every Monday but are never sure of which products they contain, but feel free to give us a call. :)

      Delete