Thursday, May 19, 2011

Calling All Beach Babes!


We're doing a demo on another hot trend on Saturday May 21 and 28 between 2 and 3 PM, this time around we'll show you how to make faux sea glass jewelry. The sea shell jewelry trend has been going strong and fits in nicely with our island lifestyle. We took plain glass beads and used glass etching solution to give it that sea glass look then added real sea shells and ocean themed charms to pull it all together. Did you know that we have an entire line of findings with an ocean theme? There's bound to be a design that will catch your fancy.
I don't know if I've been going to the wrong beaches or at the wrong time of day but I can NEVER find any nice sea shells at the beach, if you're like me...not to worry! We have sea shells at the store so you can be the envy of any mermaid!

Thanks for stopping by and I'll catch ya at the store!

Lynn @ Mapunapuna Bead Shop

2 comments:

  1. Excellent project Lynn! I have also been thinking about summer jewelry and yours is an inspiration. Sea glass and shells are so right for Hawaii. I like the background of your blog post too, very appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lynn! We'll have it on display along with a interchangeable version so don't forget to check it out the next time you visit us on Oahu!

    ReplyDelete