Thursday, September 22, 2011

Laliberi Filigree Cuff


Have you read about our new Laliberi line of jewelry and hair accessory kits on Lynn's Craft Blog? By the way, I'm Lynn from the Mapunapuna bead shop while the Lynn that writes Lynn's Craft Blog is on the Big Island and a lot of people mistake us for one person, lol. These kits come with all the supplies you need to create a beautiful piece of jewelry and the directions are very easy to follow. Above is a picture of the results of the Filigree Cuff Kit, now I did tweak it a bit. I added some 6mm crystal rounds because I like a little extra sparkle with my filigree. I also used Vintaj brass wire instead of the jump rings that were included in the kit because I like to wear my jewelry to work and thus need durable jewelry. I was a little worried that it wouldn't be a comfortable bracelet to wear because of the width but was pleasantly surprised to the contrary.

There is a bit of a challenge in getting it on by myself though but I have a little trick to share with you! Take about 7 inches of 18 or 20 gauge wire and use round nose pliers to create a swirl on one end. On the other end, create a hook by wrapping it around a nail polish bottle or something similar. Here's a picture of what you should end up with...



Now you can use this to help you put on your bracelet just like this.....


Slip the hook through the link closest to the one where you attach the clasp to, slide it down to rest next to the swirl. While holding the hook end in your fingers, the bracelet stays steady so that you can attach your clasp. Of course you can always do a wire wrap on the other end with a pretty bead instead of a swirl, it should still function the same. I've read that people will do this with a paper clip that they pull apart but I think it looks so much prettier if you make your own!
This would make a cute add on if you give someone a bracelet too!

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see ya at the store!

Lynn @ Mapunapuna Bead Shop

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lynn! This is Lynn. LOL! I love it that we get confused because I love YOUR jewelry creations. The cuff bracelet is beautiful. I bought one of the Laliberi bracelet kits but haven't tried it yet. Coming up I will have a necklace combined with a Laliberi flower rosette pin. Thanks for giving a link to my blog. Super thanks for that bracelet helper idea. I'm going to make one today as I can only wear some bracelets if my husband is around to help me put them on. LOL!

    ReplyDelete