Monday, June 3, 2013

Up-Styled Frame

Looking for a quick, instant gratification craft? I made this frame in 30 minutes! Actually, about 10 minutes of that was waiting for the spray paint to dry so ... I made this frame in 20 minutes! Plus, I'm really loving the up-styled, elegant look of it too.


If you want to make this on your own, get a cheapy frame, like the one on the left, and spray paint it a nice metallic color. I went with a Montana spray paint in silver but I think gold or copper would've been equally awesome. Wait for the paint to dry (seriously the hardest part about this DIY), then take some glass tiles and some E6000 adhesive and stick those tiles all over the frame. The E6000 will stay pretty loose for a bit, so it makes it really, really easy to move the tiles around to place them just where you want them. In a couple of hours the E6000 is set enough to stand the frame up. After about a day the E6000 will be permanent and you'll have a beautiful new decor piece.

Try it right now! You can make a ton of these in like no time. Maybe even small ones as wedding favors? Ooooh I'll have to try it.

Puna @ Enchanted Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment