Monday, July 15, 2013

Geek Crafts


So, as promised, I'm carrying on my "Celebrate Your Geekness" holiday throughout the month of July. Please stop by our Enchanted Lake store if you're interested in learning how to make last week's "Spectacle Necklace," today's "Magic Mushroom Charm," a "HP Fan" or today's "Instagram Perler Square."


Here's a closer picture of the "Instagram Perler Square," if you want to see the pattern a little better. It's pretty easy to do if you know how to use an iron.




And last but not least, behold! The magic 1UP mushroom from one of my favorite video games. I shaped the top of this cutie with Fimo clay onto a small, wooden cup-like knob. After inserting an eye pin through the top, I baked the whole thing at 225 degrees for 10 minutes. When my mushroom cooled down enough to touch, about 10 minutes, I curled the bottom of the eye pin into a nice spiral shape and attached the mushroom to a key ring with a jump ring. Now I can take my extra life with me wherever I go. Who doesn't want an extra life?

Hope to see you soon!

Puna @ Enchanted Lake

P.S. Scroll down for some exciting ideas using our blue heritage mason jars, brought to you by Crankin' out Crafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment