Monday, May 20, 2013

Vintage Hair Comb

So, I've been slightly obsessed with hair accessories lately. I don't really know why except to say that it's getting hotter here, and having my hair up is sounding more and more appealing than letting it hang. If you want to put your hair up in style without spending some big bucks, some DIY hair accessories might be just the ticket. Plus, you can make them to match anything you own.


That being said, today's blog post is about - guess what? A DIY hair accessory! Yay! I whipped up this beautiful, vintage looking comb with rhinestones and copper wire in no time flat.



To make a comb like this of your own, all you need is a comb (yes, sorry, you need a comb to make a comb), some 26 gauge copper wire, and this beautiful 5mm rhinestone chain-like thing called a "cup-chain".




To create, simply hold the rhinestones against the comb and wrap in place, in between the comb teeth, with the copper wire. I finished my comb by weaving a small piece of my wire between all the other wires behind the comb.


The combs came in a 6 pack and I had enough wire and rhinestone cup-chain to finish 6 combs. Truthfully, I could've made more but since I only know about six people, I stopped.

If you like the combs you can come and visit them at our store and see them in beautiful reality. Or you can just make some of your own.

Puna @ Enchanted Lake

2 comments:

  1. These turned out very well. Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU Lynn. I'm very glad you liked it! Instructions are also headed to the stores soon, BTW.

      Delete