Aloha from Joy at Hilo Ben Franklin on the Big island of Hawaii
This week we are featuring a “Mother’s embrace” Mother’s Day card.
- (1) Brown card stock 4 ½” x 6 ½”
- (1) Pink card stock 4”x 4”
- (1) Green card stock 3” x 3”
- (1) Blue card stock 3” x 3”
- Black sharpie pen
- Paper scorer and cutter
- Double stick tape
- 3D foam squares
Now we put it all together:
- Cut out shape’s provided for you
- Tape the 4 1/2x61/2 brown card stock to the front of the already made card
- Take the 4x4 pink card stock, trace and cut out the Mommy bird out of it.
- Take the 3x3 blue card stock, trace and cut the baby bird with it
- Take the 3x3 green card stock, trace and cut the both arms out of it.
- Place 3D foam squares at the neck and bottom of the Mommy bird and place onto the card
- Place double stick tape on the back of the head, and a 3d foam square on the bottom of the Baby bird. Then place the head under the neck of the Mommy bird.
- Using the double stick tape, place the arm without the tab on it over the mommy. When looking at the card, it will be on your right hand side.
- Place double stick tape on the tab on the arm, insert the tab behind the baby bird’s head.
- Make sure the arms are overlapping and tape. If they are off a little, the cut to match.
- Attached is a Diagram of the placing for the bird’s and arms.
- Take the Sharpie and draw in the eyes and legs.
All that’s left Is to write a message and sign the card and give it to Mom.
Hilo Ben franklin