It is almost Girl’s day. We had an event at all stores over last weekend.
This is one of the projects, thought I would share with all of you that weren’t able to make it.
KOKESHI DOLL FAN
1 qty. RTD blank fan
1 piece 8 1/2x11 Beige cardstock for face
2 piece 8 1/2x11 Black cardstock Hair and eyes
1 piece 2x3 white card stock for eyes
1 piece 3x3 dark pink cardstock for bottom layer of flower
1 piece medium pink for flower top layer of flower
1 piece 2x4 light pink for cheeks
Meriken 1/4 “double sided tape
Gold Marker for flower stamen
AccuCut Die Cut machine and fan insert die
Pencil for tracing
1 ½ Circle punch- Clever Lever Yellow
1” Circle punch- Clever Lever Green 3/4” Circle punch – Clever Lever Green
3/8: Circle punch- EK Success
1. Use the AccuCut die cuttings machine and fan insert die to cut one insert each from the beige and black.
2. 2- Align the beige cardstock cut-out on the top of the blank fan. Matching edges and tape down
3. Take the hair template and place onto the black fan insert cut-out, Trace and cut out hair according to the pattern. Use the scrap black cardstock to trace and cut out the “Bun”. Place the hair onto the fan and align with the face. Slip the bun under the center of the top, adjusting how big you want the bun to be. Remove the hair and tape down the bun. Take the white cardstock and punch out two 1” circles for the eyes. Take the scrap black cardstock and punch two holes about an inch apart with the 3/8” hole punch. Take the ¾” circle punch, turn it upside down and place over one of the 3/8” holes and punch. Repeat with the other3/8” hole. Place the black ¾” circle over the 1” white circles. The 3/8” holes should create a white dot accent. Tape together to make eyes.
4. Place the hair back onto the fan. Position the eyes and tape down. Take the light pink cardstock and punch out two 11/2” circles for cheeks. Position onto the face, slightly under the hair on the sides. Tape down. Now tape down the hair on the fan.
5. Trace and cut out the flowers according to the patterns. Draw in the stamen on the smaller flower with a marker or a pen. Center the smaller flower onto the larger flower and attach with foam pop dots, place flower in the hair at the side of the bun and tape down.
Enjoy and have some fun with it.
Joy@Hilo Ben Franklin