Monday, November 27, 2017

Rustic Forest Christmas Wreath

Happy Monday! 
It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas! HouseMart Ben Franklin has many holiday themes to shop from including the traditional red and green, but also everything from rustic, to tropical, and even pastel themes! 
My personal favorite is definitely rustic. I made this wreath especially for the rustic theme, really pushing the forest woodsy feeling.


Supplies:
 12" holiday wreath
paper mache letters spelling JOY
acrylic paint in dark red and bright red
bristle paint brush 
White puffy paint or BoBunny Perler Pen
6 picks of red berries
4 picks of snowy pine needles
1 red cardinal
1 rustic brown snowflake
1 rustic sled 
thin floral wire
wire cutters
hot glue / hot glue gun



When I'm filling any wreath, I fill it by type, usually keep an odd number, and spread evenly over the space of the wreath.
First I started by placing the berries, and tying them on with florist wire. I made sure to leave room for the JOY to fit! Then I placed the snowy pine needle picks, and lastly placed where the bird, sled, and snowflake would fit!




Next I painted the JOY with dark red acrylic paint and set aside to dry. Once dry, I brushed it over lightly and unevenly with my stiff brush and with the bright red paint.

I secured the letters by pushing the wreath pine needles around the letters and securing them with hot glue and a hot glue gun.

I love this wreath so much! I hope you all enjoy wreath making this holiday! It helps to browse the aisle of picks and choose a theme if ever you need help with inspiration!
Happy crafting!

Bethany @Enchanted Lake

1 comment: