Thursday, October 13, 2011

My Desk Buddy


Need a gift idea for a teacher or office worker?  How's about this little desk accessory that you can personalize to fit their taste or the season?  Here's what you'll need to pick up:


I used a 6x4 bent acrylic frame.




You'll also need double stick tape, a small acrylic box (to hold paper clips or rubber bands), an aqua tube (to hold the pen), 5 minute epoxy, and the small 4x4 calendar.
Then get your choice of decorative paper, embellishments, post it notes, a pen, and either paper clips or rubber bands.

I cut off the loop behind the embellishment and then used 5 minute epoxy to attach it to the pen. This glue was also used to attach the aqua tube to the back of the frame and it will function as a pen holster.  I had it slightly protruding above the edge of the frame so that it would be easy to find when returning the pen.  I like using the 5 minute epoxy because it's a strong glue but it also sets in just a few minutes. 

Double stick tape was used to attach the post it notes as well as the acrylic box.


While I went for a Halloween theme you can easily change it up for what ever theme you like.  I think a winter, spring, summer, and fall theme would be fun and it's very easy to change out.  Be sure to also line the acrylic box with your themed paper since it looks much prettier then seeing the paper clips or rubber bands.
I used a variety of paper punches to further embellish the themed paper so let your creativity flow!


Thanks for stopping by and I'll see ya later!


Lynn @ Mapunapuna BFC

1 comment:

  1. Gosh Lynn this is another terrific idea. I can't wait to try it. You are so, so, so, creative...maybe it's in your name. LOL!

    ReplyDelete