Monday, June 18, 2012

One Honey of a Card


If you read Hilo Ben Franklin's post from Saturday, March 31st, you got a little sneak peek at one of our newest products, Honeycomb paper and coordinating stamps by Inky Antics. This is a great new embellishment to use in scrapbooking and cardmaking. For the blog today, I'm going to show you how to use this product to make a super cute card.


I choose this stamp set for my card because I especially like frogs.


To start the card, I'm using white cardstock cut to 8 and 5/8ths inches by 5 and 1/2 inches. Also, our honeycomb embellishment is going to need a little extra space in the middle of the card, so I used the Martha Stewart Scoreboard to score a 1/8 inch space in the center of the card. After doing the scoring, I added my cute frog and stamped my sentiment into the center of the card.


Next, we need to get the toadstool shape onto our honeycomb paper. The Inky antics stamps make this really easy because they have a coordinated stamp for you to use on the honeycomb paper. Just make sure that the arrow on the stamp goes in the same direction as the ribbing on the honeycomb paper.



Next, I used my scissors to cut around the stamped image and some Tombo glue to glue the middle and the sides of the tooadstool shape to my card.



Now, when you open up your card, the toadstool shape will pop up at you. Pretty neat huh?

Here's a picture of the finished card from the outside...



And here's the inside of the card.

If you want to see more of these great honeycomb paper projects we're doing some demonstrations for them, here at Enchanted Lake, during the month of June. Check out our calendar for more time information.

Puna @ Enchanted Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment