Thursday, January 13, 2011

Recycled Pens


Here's a cute and fast project using our recycled pens! For the first set I used Fabri-Tak glue, ribbon and paper flowers. The clip on the top of the pen can be removed to make it very easy to wind ribbon onto the pen from end to end. Just glue the beginning, a few drops at key point between, and the end. I waited about a minute before I replaced the clip and then glued on the paper roses. When ever I see a combination of brown paper, ribbon and paper flowers it reminds me of certain boutique stores at the mall so I'm always happy to get the look without paying for the high price.









For the second set I used Dress It Up buttons and deco tape. I removed the clip off the top of the pen and then just cut small sections of tape to go around the pen working from one end to the next. I replaced the clip and then removed the shank from the back of the button. Some of these buttons are made of pieces that are held together by the button shank so when you remove the shank you might have to glue the pieces together. By removing the shank, it allows for a nice flat surface to better glue onto the clip. Since I didn't want to bust out another bottle of glue, I just used the same Fabri-Tak glue I used on the first set and it worked fine.

We carry such a variety of designs for the buttons that different themes can easily be done for these pens.

Our recycled pens are now on sale 3 for 99 cents, so hurry in while supplies last!

I'll see ya at the store!

Lynn @ Mapunapuna BFC

No comments:

Post a Comment