Monday, February 27, 2012

Must-do Magnets


If you read last week Monday's post, you know that I made these magnets to compliment my tin sheet note holders. Now, as promised, I'm gonna tell you how you can make magnets to match your note holder. It's so easy...


For the simplest magnets, all you need is some really cute scrapbooking paper. This cupcake will make the perfect magnet to go on my menu board (yes, I schedule cupcakes as meals). So, all I do is put a dime sized dollop of glossy accents on the flat side of my glass tile and stick the tile to the cupcake design on the paper.


When the glossy accents has dried, this takes about half an hour, just cut your paper neatly around the edge of the tile. Did I mention that you can use photographs to make magnets too? Next, flip the magnet over and use E-6000 to glue the magnet to the back of the tile. Easily done right? Read on for yet another idea.


This is my new favorite pretty thing to make. For magnets like this, the process is only slightly more complicated.



Instead of using printed scrapbooking paper for these magnets, I used solid paper and paper punches. You could also use a pre-cut border and just cut one motif from the border.


Now, put the glossy accents to the paper piece and place the flat side of the glass tile to the paper. The glossy accents should still smoosh out around the edges.


Flip the tile over again and cover the entire back of the tile with a nice, smooth coat of glossy accents. Sometimes I go a little overboard and I have to use a piece of paper to sort of squeegee the glossy accents into a more orderly blob.



After the glossy accents has dried completely (it should be glass clear and hard and usually takes less than an hour) use E-6000 again to adhere the magnet to the tile. I try to find super strong and really tiny magnets to use on these small designs. Now you have coordinated magnets and note holders to stick them on. Isn't that cool?

As always, if you want to see any of these projects eye-to-eye (so to speak), just drop on by our store to check them out.

Happy magnet making!
Puna @ Enchanted Lake

Hey! There was another post earlier today. If you check out the earlier post, you can watch me make a lantern on Crankin' Out Crafts. Please check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment