Monday, June 10, 2013

A Stand-Up Type of Frame

I'm a little tired of frames that just sit around doing nothing but hugging pictures. You too? I say let's do more with our frames and have our frames do more for us! Like today I made a standing frame. Or maybe we should call it an elevated frame? Either way it's a whole lot cuter than any regular old frame.


To make one, I just spray painted both the frame and the wooden candlestick using a Design Master spray paint in October Brown. The candle stick was a little tricky to spray because of the shape, but you just have to make sure that you spray in all of the grooves and from all directions. When they dried, I used my E6000 adhesive to glue the frame to the candle stick. Wheee! Done. For an extra touch I made bows with burlap ribbon and then used Fabri-tac to stick them to the frames. Make sure you give both the E6000 and the Fabri-tac 24 hours to really set before putting these frames to the test.

I think these would be great for a wedding table centerpiece or maybe even for a graduation party. They have great height and style and you can display them with or without pictures. Now you'll have to excuse me while I go and make about a hundred of these.

Puna @ Enchanted Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment