Monday, August 13, 2012

Beautiful Burlap

I'm so very excited because we just got burlap ribbon into the stores! I've seen so many elegant and beautiful projects using burlap that I just had to try it out for myself.


Right now we have spools of 3" and 1.5" wide, wired burlap, so I decided to start by trying to make a burlap rose. Didn't it come out great? I'm already in love with it. I made the rose the same way we used to make the ribbon roses and hot glued it together to help it keep its shape.

 

I made one more rose and another flower and attached them all to a grape vine wreath. Something like this could be a pretty fast way to add some decor to your home.


One other really quick thing that I made was this centerpiece. The burlap was a little hard to tie, but the wire really helps it to keep its shape once you're done. After I tied the bow, all I did was throw a few smooth stones and a candle into it. Seriously easy elegance, right?

Anyway, I'm sure we'll be doing a lot more stuff with burlap so keep an eye out for more great projects.

Puna @ Enchanted Lake

P.S. If you scroll to our previous post, you'll see another great Crankin' Out Crafts episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment