Tuesday, September 4, 2012

'Head' straight for Halloween with our Costume Accessories Ideas!!!!

 Halloween is one of my favorite times of year, so for me it is never too early to start talking costumes!  Now that September is here...I can smell the candy apples ..and hear the giggles of the trick-or-treaters.  Head pieces are in trend more than ever, and it is such a great and easy way to wear a costume..without really wearing a costume!  So...grab your glue guns and your costume ideas, it's time to get busy..and hey, if you don't want to make your own, well we have that covered too!


These headbands are fun and glamorous...and ready to be worn right out of our store.  A perfect costume idea for a teacher, a trick-or-treater chaperon, passing out candy....to a party or even the office.


Whether you are an alien, a lady bug, bumble bee , butterfly or any kind of creature...these easy to make, sparkly, antenna headbands, are a fun way to accessorize your costume.  We have a variety of headbands, pipe cleaner, glitter and foams balls.  The balls I used came from one of the fabulous seasonal sprays we carry.  We also have Snazaroo face paint to help you create this and many other looks in minutes!



As soon as I saw the paper mache hats we have from Sierra Pacific Crafts...I couldn't wait to get to it.  I am so excited by the amount of felt and paper mache hats we are carrying this Halloween. Not to mention the variety of feathers, boas, glitter and more.  Check out yesterdays Halloween Derby blog for some more great derby hat ideas from Puna at Enchanted Lakes.








I used Crafter's acrylic "purple passion" paint and a foam brush for the base color and let it dry.  Next, laid the black lace we have over the purple and sprayed it with Design Master's Black spray paint.  I added a strip of lace around the base, a peacock feather spray, black feathers, and purple balls from a season spray. Go Dapper Magician, WIlly Wonka or even Mad Hatter with this look.






First, I used Design Master White spray paint to make the hat white.  Next, I took the black lace we have, and laid it over the white hat, sprayed black Design Master paint over that....and now I have a cool rustic laced look.  I used tulle, flat backed gem stones and black pearl stickers, and a spray painted and glittered skeleton to decorate my hat.  This has a bit of a steam punk feel to me...or even a gentlemanly pirate or vampire.  Don't be afraid to use your imagination..cause that's what it is all about.



ONLY 8 WEEKS TIL HALLOWEEEEEEN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment