Monday, August 22, 2011

Clearly it's Halloween




I've been on a bit of a clear trend lately. I had so much fun creating last week's clear favor that I decided to do another clear project. Today I'm doing a card using our clear acetate sheets and my newest favorite toy, the Eclips machine.


If you've never heard of the Eclips before you're in for a special treat. It's the newest, most high tech, electronic cutter brought out by Sizzix, the same people who did the Big Shot and Big Shot Pro. Right now at our Ben Franklin stores the Eclips machine is on sale for a limited time for only $260 rather than it's usual price of $400. Even the cartridges are marked down $10 off the original price. I've got to get one of these! The thing I like the best about this cutter is that it's so intuitive it's almost like it already knows what I want to do. I don't have to think at all, I can just cut, cut, cut!



Anyway, back to my card. I used the "Holiday" cartridge for all the shapes. This cartridge has a bunch of great seasonal stuff on it from Easter to New Years. The Halloween section of shapes is chock full of great designs. I cut out a black tree and haunted house, then on white paper, a fence, some windows, a door, the moon, and "boo" just for fun.



After putting it all together on a clear 6 inch square card, this is what my design looks like. Pretty neat huh?

If you want to learn more about the Eclips machine, we'll be doing some demos in our store and later a workshop for people who want a more hands-on approach. Check in with us for more info.


Now, I wonder what other kinds of clear stuff we have hanging around...


Puna @ Enchanted Lake

1 comment:

  1. Wow Puna! You were "clearly" busy playing with the machine. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete