Thursday, August 11, 2011

Glass Tile Pendants



Glass tile pendants are very popular right now and we've started selling them in a variety of shapes and sizes. It's a fun way to make personalized jewelry and being that I'm able to use some of the cute paper that I bought, I'm one happy camper!
I used Glossy Accents to adhere the paper to the back of the tiles and then trimmed down the paper edges so that they didn't protrude beyond the edges of the tiles. I did another thicker layer of Glossy Accents behind that and once that was dry, I used Devcon 5 Minute Epoxy to attach glue on bales. By attaching glue on bales to both sides of each glass tile, I was able to make a bracelet by connecting the pieces with jump rings. For my pendant I used my Kumihimo disk to make a neck cord with S-lon nylon thread.
We've got glue on bales and glue on stretchy rings at all of our Ben Franklin Craft store with expanded Bead Shops (Mapunapuna, Maui, and Hilo)! I think these glass tiles would also be cute as a purse charm!
Don't forget that our Kumihimo disks are on sale until Friday August 12 so if you want to make a Kumihimo cord for your pendant, now would be a great time to pick one up and we can easily show you how to Kumihimo!

Thanks for stopping by and I'll catch ya later!

Lynn @ Mapunapuna Bead Shop






3 comments:

  1. Another cute idea that I'm going to try. I bought the tiles already but couldn't find the bails. Hopefully, they'll get to the Hilo store soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Lynn! I didn't see these the other day. Great idea to use paper behind the glass tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last time I checked, all the bead shops had the glue on bales. There's a pack of ten for the small ones that I used in the bracelets and the larger one used on the pendant came in a 3 piece pack with our assorted pewter findings.

    ReplyDelete