Thursday, May 24, 2012

Lily Of The Valley Earrings


May's flower is Lily of the valley so if you have anyone that has a birthday this month, this might be a nice gift idea!  I took the flourish petal bead caps from Vintaj and brought out the gold highlight with their metal reliefing block.  Then I used the ball end head pins and thin chain from our Sweet Beads findings line.  I cut the chain into 3 different lengths and then wire wrapped  Swarovski 4mm crystal bicones and small resin flowers to one end of each length of chain.  I took 20 gauge wire and wrapped the other ends of the lengths of chain so that there was a cascade of flowers.  The wire then gets passed through the bead cap and wrap up the top with another bicone.  Attach to ear wires and repeat to complete the pair! 

If you have time, stop by our Mapunapuna BFC Bead shop on Sunday May 27 at 2 PM when I demo this project!

I'll see ya later!

Lynn H. @ Mapunapuna Ben Franklin Crafts Bead Shop

2 comments:

  1. You design great looking jewelry. I love the Art Nouveau period and these earrings really have the feel of that time in history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lynn! We love your beading projects on your blog, too!

    ReplyDelete