- Elastic Cord Needle
- Beads of your choice (holes must be 1mm or larger)
- Elastic cord/Beading wire/beading thread (0.8mm or thinner)
- Beading Mat (optional)
- First, take your elastic and cut a piece 3 feet or longer- I have small wrists so about a yard works well for me. Set this aside for later.
- Now, take your Elastic Cord Needle and lay out your beads- just string them through the needle; it's very simple!
- When you have finished your bracelet design, take your cut piece of elastic and fold it in half, then thread it through the J-shaped end of the needle, making sure it's even on both sides. Secure the bottom ends of the thread/cord by tying a knot.
- Now, slip the beads off the J-shaped end, and on to the thread! If the J-shape begins to open up, just take some pliers and smash it shut again.
- Once you have finished this, take the cord off the needle, and secure the ends however you prefer- in this case, I simply tied a double knot.
- There! You have now created a simple bracelet! These beads are very simple and very "kiddish", but there's also a sort of elegance to it, depending on how you lay them out! Definitely perfect for a bead party with your kiddies!
Kahului Ben Franklin Crafts