Monday, March 12, 2012

A New Twist on the Deco Mesh Wreath

I think it's time to update our Deco Mesh wreath tutorial for spring. I want everyone to know that Deco Mesh is an awesome decoration for any time of the year.


For our new version of this wreath you will need a wreath wire form, some Deco Mesh ribbon (I have two types here), a patterned fabric ribbon, and some pipe cleaners.


Firstly, attach the pipe cleaners to the wreath by twist-tieing them onto the wire form. These will be the fasteners for your deco mesh.


I attached all of my pipe cleaners in this pattern, alternating pipe cleaners on the inside and the outside of the wreath for every section of the wire form.



Then, I grabbed a hank of Deco Mesh and used the pipe cleaners to twist-tie it to the wreath, just like the way we did our holiday wreaths.


All in all I ended up going around the wreath 3 times with my cream colored Deco Mesh to form my base layer.


Then I created layers of Deco Mesh by over lapping different ribbons on the wire form. I also added snipped pieces of my green Deco Mesh to give the wreath a wilder, less conventional look.



Lastly, I added some animal print flowers and ribbon for my final touches.


Here is my new spring Deco Mesh wreath. If you want to learn more about Deco Mesh for decorating, please don't be afraid to stop by the stores and ask, we're always willing to share our ideas.

Thanks for reading!
Puna @ Enchanted Lake

PS, there was a post earlier today. Please don't forget to check that one out too.

No comments:

Post a Comment