Thursday, October 18, 2012

Dia de los Muertos



Dia de los Muertos is celebrated on November 1 so come in for our demo on these Day of the Dead Earrings.  Images of sugar skulls have become popular in fashion so you can actually wear them anytime but it seems especially appropriate this time of the year and they are very easy to make.  We carry these skulls with our Imagine It gemstone line, they come in 2 different sizes and I used the larger size for these.  I  used 2 part epoxy to glue the Swarovksi 8mm margaritas into the eye sockets and then nestled them in a bed of uncooked rice while the glue dried.  Then I wire wrapped a bunch of our resin flowers from our bead soup collection with Swarovksi 3mm bicones and Sweet bead ball ended head pins.  Once I finished with the flowers my glue was set and I just stacked everything onto 20 gauge wire, topped it with copper beads and wire wrapped it close.  Add on ear wires and tadah!
Our demo will be at our Mapunapuna Bead Shop on Saturday October 20 and 27 at 2 PM so if you have time, stop by to check it out!

I'll see you at the store!

Lynn H. @ Mapunapuna BFC Bead Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment