Thursday, May 5, 2016

Pretty Peony Jewelry Box

Hey, Crafters!

With mother's day around the corner, my mindset seems to be geared toward pretty, feminine things. When I sat down to think about what I wanted to make for my blog post today there was no question that it needed to be pretty, pink, and have flowers and finally it needed to be functional.

I give you -- drum roll, please -- the Peony Jewelry Box! 


This project was so simple! I started by painting one of our awesome ready to decorate wood pieces using 3 different shades to create the ombre effect. The accents on the top and front were created using a mix of washi tape, a journaling card and one of the cute pieces of word art made for the Minc foiling machine, (I used the pastel pink foil, if anyone is wondering,) which were simply stuck and/or glued on, trimmed as needed and finished to make sure everything is where it needed to be.


For a final touch, I glued two different tones of felt down to the bottoms of the cubbies.


-Chelsea @Mapunapuna

No comments:

Post a Comment