Mother's Day is just around the corner folks (May 8th). Looking for "ideas?" Need some "inspiration?" Here's one, who doesn't enjoy hanging pictures?
Here's what you're going to need...
- 12"x12" Picture frame
- Preferred Color of Ceramcoat or Americana Acrylic Paint ('Lisa Pink' as seen)
- Any Synthetic Flat Brush No. 4 or 6
- Plastic or Ceramic dish/pallet
- High Temperature Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- 12"x12" Cork Board (Optional, as seen in image)
- Thumb Tacks
- Any Colored Cardstock for Letters (Glitter Gold as seen)
- Any Printing Cardstock for Background
- Heiko 1" Double Sided Tape
- Silk Flowers, Scrapbooking Flowers or 3D Popping Sticker Flowers as seen.
Take your 12"x12" frame and remove the backing and glass. That way, when you paint the frame you won't get it on the glass. Pour some of your acrylic paint into a plastic or ceramic dish/pallet (the paint is easily removed with soap and water from your dishes). Take your synthetic brush and begin painting, don't forget to paint the outside and inner edges. Let dry.
Get your Printed Cardstock for the background and attach it with Heiko's 1" double sided tape to the frame's backing. You could scrapbook style some photo's into the frame using the double sided tape.
For the Cork Board option as seen, just switch out the frame's glass for the cork board, and hot glue gun the cork to the frame backing. That way you can thumb tack your pictures and reorganize or switch out with new pictures anytime.
After the frame is dry, get your High Temperature Glue gun and start sticking your flowers around the corners of the frame. Keep in mind, if your frame is a table stand frame it may be best to keep the flower's around the top.
Set your frame backing back in, and voila! You're done! A super pretty idea for mother's day.
Thank you for Crafting with KrazyGoo!