Monday, September 2, 2013

Memory Jar

I promised more jar and container ideas, didn't I? I'm really having fun putting all kinds of stuff into our cute jars. Today, I decided to make a memory jar. This is an original way to display small keepsakes from vacations or special days.


You don't need a lot for one of these jars; essentially, all you need to have is a jar and some sand or filler for the bottom. Everything else that you insert is going to be your own small souvenirs or photos. One note on this particular jar, I used an American Crafts Slick Writer to write my date on the glass. It works really well, and won't wash off unless you use alcohol.


You can include small shells or rocks or other natural items which you picked up on that special occasion. 


Feathers add a pretty, soft touch. I also made a small fence out of craft sticks and wire to add to the scenery.


Jars like this make great displays that allow you to share those special times with others without having to force them to sit through a slideshow or flip through a photo album.

I hope this inspires you to get container creative.
Puna @ Enchanted Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment